February 2-4, 2018
Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
FIND OUT MORE
August 9-12 2018
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel San Jose
Check our General Info page to learn about
everything going on at the conference!
Homeschooling is only accessible because of the voices that speak up for it. If you don't, who will?
Become a Homeschooling Advocate today and we will send you HSC's monthly email newsletter, The California Homeschooler.
FREE from HSC
The Homeschooler Post
The Homeschooler Post is published online by HSC and is free to all. It includes photos and feature articles on specific topics; homeschooling Q & A; learning trends and homeschooling methods; family dynamics; young homeschoolers; teens and beyond; projects, hobbies, travel, and other special interest articles. There are new articles every week.
HSC Diversity and Inclusivity Statement
First, we wish to make it very clear that HSC is firmly committed to being a truly inclusive homeschooling organization: we strongly oppose ANY oppression or marginalization of people on the basis of their gender expression, sexual orientation, race or ethnicity, ability, age, or religious belief. In our Mission Statement, we state that HSC “honors the diversity of homeschoolers” and also “empowers families to make choices that respect the rights, needs, and aspirations of their children.”
- HSC values ideas that may look unique or different to some, yet would enhance the whole of the community.
- HSC has a strict policy prohibiting the use of hate speech, harassment, or any other form of bullying at HSC events or activities, and all allegations will be reviewed and taken seriously.
- HSC does not endorse or support any positions or organizations that oppress or denigrate any marginalized group.
- HSC does not necessarily agree, implicitly or explicitly, with the views expressed by any of its speakers (past, present, or future). However, we do take very seriously any actions or speech that would be considered any form of discrimination.
- In order to ensure the safety and comfort of all families within our organization, we are currently arranging workshops and gathering speakers on a diverse set of topics and interests.
HSC is committed to fostering a welcoming atmosphere that is inclusive of all of our families. We are working on a number of initiatives, including, but not limited to: developing volunteers, a Board of Directors, speakers and writers, event participants, and a membership that reflects the wide diversity of California homeschoolers; organizational evaluation; ally training; and transparency.
We invite you to reach out with comments, suggestions, or questions by emailing us here.
Grow Our Voice for Educational Choice
Looking to understand what it takes to homeschool, or what homeschooling actually looks like? There's a movie for that. Class Dismissed follows a family in L.A. that pulls their two kids out of school and takes their education into their own hands. HSC highly recommends both new and long-time homeschoolers check it out.